Friday, February 11, 2011

Reading the Witness

A little talcum powder on my hands. Back to the cameras: Awake. Clap, clap. A little more powder, then--

Poof!

Arms spread under a wilting cloud of glorious boos.

That's me doing my literary LeBron, because I have a short story in the new issue of Witness Magazine, an amazing once-a-year journal published out of the Black Mountain Institute at UNLV.

I got the chance to meet the editors last week, and they were some of the smartest, nicest, warmest literary folk I've ever met. So proud to be in their orbit. (Didn't hurt that they got me drunk.)

You can download my story here. Just download it whenever. Whenever you can. No worries. No big deal. Close this window. Check your email. Check your face. Whatever. Zero worries whatsoever. See if I care.

Jerk.

TSS: 10

3 comments:

blossoming said...

Just saw this, downloaded the story and printed it out. Looking forward to reading it!

blossoming said...

Mik, I read your story last week. LOVED IT. It haunted my dreams. I'll be recommending it to all my FB friends.

Mik A. said...

Thanks, Sophia!!!