Monday, March 26, 2007

MIMS: The Interview

[Note: This is not a real interview]

Mik Awake: Today, I'm talking to rap artist MIMS about his hot new single, "This Is Why I'm Hot." MIMS, thanks for being here.


MIMS: 'Preciate you having a nigga.


Mik: Now, MIMS. I've got something to ask you and it's been bugging me for a while.


MIMS: MIMS understands your pain.


Mik: Thanks, that's sweet of you, MIMSY. Can I call you that? MIMSY?


MIMS: Absolutely not.


Mik: Back to my question: Now, MIMSY, you say--


MIMS: I told you not to call me MIMSY.


Mik: My fault. Now, MIMS. I've heard the single. Everyone's heard it. But I think I speak for everyone when I say, and I mean this with all due respect--why exactly are you hot?


MIMS: I'm hot because I'm fly.


Mik: Now, is that temperature hot or spicy hot?


MIMS: I would say both.


Mik: Okay, fair enough. Follow up question. Why isn't someone else, say me, Mik Awake, for example--why aren't I hot?


MIMS: You ain't, because you're not.


Mik: Not what? Not hot? Or not fly?


MIMS: Exactly.


Mik:


MIMS: [Coughs]


Mik: That's very Zen.


MIMS: I'm deep like that. Because I'm fly.


Mik: Right...And why are you fly again.


MIMS: Because I'm hot.


Mik: But I thought you were hot because you're fly.


MIMS: Right. That's what I said.


Mik:


MIMS:


Mik:


MIMS: [Checks diamond-encrusted watch]


Mik: MIMS, some people see your song as a subtle commentary on global warming. What does MIMS say?


MIMS: MIMS is hot.


Mik: So profound. MIMS, thanks for being on my blog.


MIMS: Thanks for having me, Mik. I read your blog religiously. Even though you don't post everyday, you have a great sense of humor.


Mik: This is why I'm hot.

[Update: A friend just forwarded me Rob Harvilla's brilliant dissertation on "This Is Why I'm Hot" in the Village Voice. Hat tip to Tsion.]

No comments: